Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nature Day

Since beginning this year I have thought a lot about nature journaling. I've been investigating what others do and getting ideas. We have been homeschooling for 6yrs going on 7yrs and we never have done this regularly.

So what really is nature journaling? Well, basically you buy or make your own journal. We got ours at Hobby Lobby that have the spiral binding so we could all just fold it back and have the front open with no problems.

Then go outdoors and look around. Spend time enjoying being outdoors and look for something that interests you and draw it. You could also write a bit about it. Now don't think you just have to draw. You could take pictures or put a leaf or flower to dry in your journal. How about a leaf rubbing. I am no artist but I give things a try.

These photos here will be part of my journal. I have been playing around with the settings on my camera and look how wonderful it looks. That was our moon at night and the other was our sunset looking out to the front of our house. I would love to be able to capture more of those pinks in the sky but I think they show up enough.

Next week I'll try to post the kids pages. So get some good colored pencils, pens, gel pens, glue sticks and a journal and join us in doing this too. I can't wait to have a years full of journaling and see what it looks like. This will be a great keepsake of our children's fun times with us outdoors.



Leave me a message and share your journaling with us.

No comments: