Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"On The Watch" Wednesday

We read or shall I say we listened to our Awake magazine and for this weeks On the Watch post I wanted to share this one particular article. We went over the one page article about the monarch butterflies. It was short but a very good article for science.
So are you wondering what the boys are doing? I made a notebooking page about the monarch butterflies. I put it on the google group so if you want to take a look at it I have it on there.
I also put a couple of websites on the page of where you can go and see a video clip of the migration of butterflies in Mexico. The other site had some puzzles that you put together online. The boys liked it. They also drew a butterfly and wrote words that describe a butterfly.


So that was our study for this week. I wonder what we will do next week? hhhmmmmm You'll have to watch and see. If you would like to join in then post next Wednesday on something you studied together and let us know so we can read.

2 comments:

hicksgirl93 said...

okay, so i like your idea of the keep on the watch wednesday's. I think i may copy and join you in this activity....good way to get the kids involved. Way to go Martha!

live4evermom said...

Glad you liked the idea. It was not mine though. Jackie started it. I loved it and will try to keep up with it on Wednesdays.

Now my Wednesdays are taken and my Fridays are also taken with the Natue Picture Quiz. I love it.

I'll be looking for your Wed. posts.