Thursday, September 3, 2009

Watching a DVD

Today we did science by watching a dvd.  Not exactly hands on but more eyes on.  Yes, we took it easy but it was an awesome dvd.  We didn't watch the whole thing because it was 2hrs and 30mins long.  It has 3 parts on the first dvd.  It's called Nature's Most Amazing Events and it's disc 1.  I forgot to see how many discs are in the series.  Probably like a million but I have to say that the first one is awesome.  We watched The Great Melt.  It's on the polar bears and everything Arctic.  I can't wait to see the next part called The Great Salmon Run then the last part of it is The Great Migration.  

If you have a chance to see these dvds they are wonderful.  I got them off Netflix.  What a fun way to learn science don't you think?  Next time we'll make the popcorn to go with it.      

2 comments:

hsmomma said...

We watched a science video too. I'll have to look into those.

Dana Leeds said...

Thanks for the tip. Somehow, I came across it and it is on my Netflix que. :-)