Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fun Friday

We got together with a few friends and had a blow up day. We did mentos and diet coke again just for this day. As you can see it was a big hit. The kids had a blast. There were a few that were soaked with the soda.

This picture gives you an idea as to how high it went. If you are wondering how we got it so high...well, Patty got us an attachment for the soda bottle and you put the mentos in that and it has a little pull thing to let the mentos all come out at once. It shot out like a rocket. The boys would run away but when flew up they all came running back to take a drink as it was coming down. It was fun for us moms too.
We also did the alka-seltzer and film canister experiment. We tried different canisters and the ones with the black caps didn't do as well as the white ones did. A fun time was had by all including us moms.
I'm looking forward to our next gathering. Hope we have a few more join us next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks!

Just: CH said...

Looks like a "blast"! ;-)

How nice it was for friends to come and do fun school stuff together! I see its still kind of nice out, no freezing weather!

Hugs, CH @};-

Dana Leeds said...

I agree... it looks like a "blast." Too bad I didn't come up with that line. I think I'll have to get a group together and do this. I have the "gadget" but have never tried it.

Robin said...

The kids faces say it all!
:-)