Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Busy, busy

So what is up with us that we haven't been on here in a while? Well, I've been busy going over this new program with my 10yr old. We just started and since the beginning it has been easy because we have used other programs and also let him learn at his own pace.

When I saw someone talk about this book I thought I would get it and see if we would like it and so far it's a thumbs up for it. This reading program has a total of 55 lessons long and each lesson should take between 20-40 mins to complete. It is based on the Orton-Gillingham method of teaching.
If you go to their website it has lots of extra information. Information about dyslexia and about reading and writing. This is the first book I got that seems easy enough to stay with. So I'll give updates on our progress soon enough.

No comments: