Friday, May 30, 2008

History Planning is not scary!

Now don't get all scared at my plans for history. I know it was a lot but I am still working on it. Look what I have so far. I've added movies and magazine articles. This doesn't mean we are doing it all just that it is there if I decide to do one thing or another. I am still not finished though.

This gives you an idea as to how my crazy brain works in trying to get our next school year planned. I still need to look into some books to read and add in some field trips. It would not be any fun unless there were field trips, right? Then there are some more people in history that I would like to go over.

Like I said this is a work in progress...so whatcha think so far?



Late Renaissance-Early Modern (1600-1850)
History Pockets of Colonial America by Evan Moor

The Mayflower(g96 11/22 24-27) Netflix:The Untold Story of the Mayflower
Native American cultures(g96 9/8 7-12)(g2/06 10-13) Netflix:American Indian Homelands
early American settlements
George Washington (1732-1799) Netflix:George Washington:American Revolutionary
Thomas Jefferson Netflix:Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
James Monroe
Pocahontas Netflix:Pocahontas Reveled..Nova
Squanto Netflix:Squanto:A Warrior's Tale
William Penn (1644-1718)
John Smith, Jamestown Netflix:National Geographic:Jamestown


Russia under Peter the Great and his successors
British-French conflict in Canada
the American Revolution
The Napoleonic Wars
Napoleon

the siege of the Alamo Netflix:The Alamo (1960)
Daniel Boone
Davy Crockett

the California gold rush (1848) Netflix:American Experience:The Gold Rush
http://www.museumca.org/goldrush/fever01.html

the Lewis and Clark expedition
Meriwether Lewis (1774-1809) and William Clark (1770-1838)
Sacagawea (c.1788-1812)


the Constitution (g87 10/22 24-27) the Bill of Rights (g91 12/8 20-23)
Salem Village and the Witch Hysteria (g98 4/8 31)
Slavery in the US Netflix:Prince Among Slaves, Underground Railroad, Race to Freedom:The Underground Railroad
the War of 1812 Netflix: History Channel:The War of 1812

No comments: