Thursday, August 13, 2009

Capturing Thunder

It started getting dark during the early evening hours. So I took my camera out and took some pictures of these storm clouds. I had to. That is what I do. I take pictures. hehehe Then it got dark and the storms came.

Now what did I do? I took more pictures. I took about 100 pictures of the weather. I was trying to get a good shot of some lightning. Did I do it? YES!!!! I was excited to see these on my com
puter and see the streaks thru the sky. Don't forget to click on the pictures to see them bigger and better. How many of you have ever tried to get pictures of a storm?





These pictures I took were at night but with all that lightning it certainly did not look like night time. We are very happy to have gotten some rain. I'll check in the morning but we possibly got about an inch. Of course, that does nothing for the drought we are in but I am hoping it's the beginning of some rain.


I'm still learning to take pictures with my Canon. Storms are a favorite thing of mine to try to master. One day I will be good.




So two nature nights for us. Last night we took out a cushion and layed out in the back of the truck to see the meteor shower and we saw plenty. Some green, some pink, some small and some that went across the whole sky. Followed by another kind of awesome light show. The boys were excited by both.

2 comments:

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Hey, great photos!
I love looking at the weather .. but capturing it on camera is tricky, hey? (and I'm still learning to drive my Olympus).
You did a great job with all the colours and lightening strike!

Dana Leeds said...

I haven't tried to take photos of lightning... I'll have to give it a try! And, I've been meaning to get out and see the meteor shower. I'm hoping to tomorrow-we've just been having so many clouds!