Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hummers

I was reading a blog about hummingbirds and I am so glad they are back at my home too.  I love to see all my hummingbirds come to our feeders. 
We had 6 Ruby Throated Hummingbirds out there fighting for the feeders.  It was amazing to see them fly around and come so close to hitting me and my camera. 
Here you can see one ready to land on the feeder and you can see his red throat.  How amazing!
We (girls day out) took a little trip to a friends house way out somewhere between No and Where.  They had a beautiful yard with tons of hummingbirds fighting there too.  This is the first time to see a Buff-bellied Hummingbird.  The white tip on the beak is actually its tongue. 
We were told they actually have around six different varieties of hummingbirds come around their home.  I'd love to be there for that.  These Buff-bellied hummers are fierce little guys.  They would not let the Ruby Throated hummers near the feeders.  


Our feeders are still hanging in front of a window at our home and my little one loves to watch them fly around and often will call me to come see.  If only we had several different kinds stop by...oh well, we are happy to see what we have.   

No comments: