Thursday, March 13, 2008

Late night fun

San Antonio, Tx was our destination yesterday. We had a fun field trip. Yep, we dressed up for that too. We went to the Majestic Theatre to see The Phantom of the Opera. We got there early so we walked along the Riverwalk and took some pictures of us relaxing.
I love my little ones wink, don't you?
Here is the proof we did go. My kids actually liked it. Well, except for the little one. He cried when we got there. The theatre looked a little scary to him. Then we sat down and he cried again when it started with all the pyrotechnics going on and the loud creepy music. After a while he liked it. After a long while. Actually when it was over he was smiling and ready to leave. I'll have to take him to an Elmo show or something. So I am wondering if those that know me personally are actually shocked that I went to see the Phantom of the Opera? Spamalot is coming to the Majestic. Monty Python is right up my hubby and sons alley. By the way, we got home at 2am and headed straight to bed. Tired, tired.

3 comments:

Missi said...

I love Phantom of the Opera...we went and saw it in Dallas w/ a bunch of friends from our cong when it came through last year~I own the dvd too:) Mick thinks the music is a bit 1990 though...lol...

Robin said...

Looks like a great evening. But were you able to get anything out of it? I know that when I sit and worry about whether my kids are scared, it really takes a good measure of the pleasure away from me. I really want my kids to enjoy these kind of things.

Dana Leeds said...

Oh, I LOVE going to the theater! And, it's been awhile. We've seen The Phantom of the Opera and it was great. I'm not sure my daughter is ready for it yet, though. :-)