Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lapbooking Fun

I've embarked on a new adventure. What might that be? Well, I am now a Rep. for In the Hands of a Child. I've always liked their lapbooks. I have also been a Super Member with them for a few years now. So, now I have enough lapbooks that I can choose from when I need them.

Have you ever tried a lapbook? I love doing them especially when everything is done for you and ready to go. An old friend turned me on to scrapbooking some years ago after seeing her beautiful scrapbooks of her family and now lapbooking is as close as I can get to scrapbooking without my camera and still call it school.

This year we did a lapbook on Marco Polo. You can see about it here and here. It was so fun as you can tell in their faces on the pictures I posted. We also made one of the Vikings which I posted about here. Right now we are working on several more and will be done by May.

So now that I have talked a little about what we have done let me tell you also that this year HOAC received an award which doesn't surprise me. They got the The Old Schoolhouse Award beating out other well known unit study companies. It was 1st place for their unit studies.


If anyone is from Texas look for me at the the Home School Book Fair in Arlington this year and stay tuned for more on our lapbooking.














No comments: