Saturday, December 31, 2011

Class with a little bit of Nature

After our ASL class today we make a little stop by a beach area.  We were happy to see these beauties.  The American White Pelican.  Isn't it beautiful!
 There were several on the rocks.  I'm sure the rocks looked nicer before they made their stop there.  Yuck!!  Of course, I didn't notice that until I uploaded the pictures onto the computer.  You can see so much when you put a picture on the computer.   
  There is a Brown Pelican in the water. 
They come by this area during the winter even though our winter has been very mild so far.  Today it was 77degrees.  Not only was it warm but the fog was crazy.  There was fog in one area and not in the other.    Do you see the Great Blue Heron?   
It was a nice treat to our day of learning.  We are done with week 8 of ASL class.  Maybe I can get the guys to take me for some more fun and nature observations. 

2 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful! Even in the fog...think it makes the birds stand out more anyway!

live4evermom said...

If I was wearing jeans and not dress clothes I would have loved getting off the van and getting closer. The fog was right behind the Brown Pelican. Fun day!