Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Learning ASL

 We just finished week 6 of our ASL classes.  We have learned so much already.  Here I am doing a few signs in front of our group. 
These are actually different games we do and others guess what we are doing.  We learn very fast this way.  This is me signing soup.  

 Here I am getting ready to sign fork.  We were learning food this week and it was hard when we were getting close to lunch time and we were all hungry by then and then try to sign hamburger. 
 
So that is some of what we are doing.  Our classes are every Saturday morning from now till April.  We are very busy going to classes and practicing at home.  Of course, all this learning is much more easier for the boys.  It's our adult brains that take longer to remember some.  

My oldest son and I are interpreting right now at our hall.  It is very exciting but nerve wracking at the same time.  Lots of learning going on right.      

1 comment:

Candi said...

Good for you! My mom learned "home sign" from her sister who was deaf from sickness. Then she learned ASL but didn't move over to the sign language congregation. My dad was a little nervous that he wouldn't be able to do it. May Jehovah continue to bless your efforts! :)